2016 Annual General Meeting
The 64th Annual General Meeting was held on 23 November 2016 at the Epping Club. As well as reporting on the highilights of the 2016 season, the following presentations were made:
- Bill Plaskett trophy for the best 1st Division team – Gladesville Ravens U21 Blue
- Keith Hillman trophy for the best defensive team in U13s – Gladesville Ravens U13/4
- GHFA Club Champions – Epping FC
- GHFA Cup – Eastwood St Andrews
- GHFA Fair Play Award – West Ryde Eagles
- The Councillor Roy Maggio Volunteer of the Year Award - Tom Emeleus.
- Association Medals – Neil Hopkins (Ryde Panthers), Michael Masulans (Eastwood St Andrews), Malcolm Arnold (Epping FC)
- Life Membership was awarded to Keith Everard (West Pennant Hills Cherrybrook)
The 2017 Board was confirmed as: Helen Armson, Lina Candy, Lindsay Donald, Buck Findlay, Peter Goodwin, Frank Marchi, Peter Samson, Graham Streeter
The meeting was advised of discussions being held with North West Women's Football Association, and the following statement was read:
In October, the boards of GHFA and NWSWF met informally to discuss possibilities for a closer working relationship. At that meeting, it was agreed to establish a working committee to consider how the two associations work together to deliver a more efficient and effective service to our member clubs. On 2016 numbers, a combined association would comprise almost 40 clubs with more than 16,000 members – one of the largest associations in Australia.
Following AGMs in November, the Boards will appoint a joint Committee to consider and recommend the way forward. The aim will be to provide a system of strong governance supporting the growth and development of all aspects of football participation for women and men, girls and boys within north-western Sydney.
For example, services delivered via a "single-point-of-contact" system would be a great start to benefit our stakeholders.
Clubs will be kept regularly informed on progress
The AGM was significant as being the last for retiring Board member, and GHFA stalwart, Ross Iredale. A presentation was made to Ross in recognition of his nearly 60 years of involvement in football as a player, coach and administrator, including 36 years as a GHFA Director. Ross has held the positions of Competition Secretary, Representative Convenor, Disciplinary Chair and Secretary. The meeting thanked Ross for his outstanding contribution with a standing ovation.