In 2018 it is expected that WRRFC will compete in the GHFA Super League competition, following 2 years in the Premier League competition. These competitions have first and reserve grades and the club would expect to enter with a squad of around 36 players across the two grades.
2017 was a rebuilding phase for the club with a number of club juniors making the step up from the U18/19 competitions following the departure of a number of senior players at the end of 2016. We were unfortunate not to have avoided relegation but with the expected retention of a strong core playing group, the return of several former squad members and some targeted recruitment, it is anticipated with the right coach guiding the squad that we will have a very strong chance of returning to the PL competition for 2019.
The club participates in the SL/PL competitions to give our junior players a clear development pathway towards an elite level competition within the local Association.
Key responsibilities of the Head Coach include:
- working with the club Committee to facilitate strong links between the SL/PL squad and the junior teams;
- liaison with coaches of youth (U17-U19) teams to identify and develop future senior squad players;
- lead by example in implementing and enforcing the Club Code of Conduct and fostering an inclusive, positive and respected player/team culture;
- lead WRRFC SL squad on match day to positively represent the strong family values of the club;
- aim to gain promotion to PL competition in 2019
- minimum FFA Senior Certificate / Licence (FFA C Licence desireable);
- previous experience in a senior coaching environment;
- strong talent identification and player development skills;
- availability to commit to pre-season trials / training, twice-weekly training in season and attendance at both games each weekend as scheduled;
- Working With Children check
For more information, please call Craig Black - 0418 440 053